One area of the home that can quickly get out of hand is the bathroom. Unfortunately, a dirty bathroom can make or break the rest of your home, because it can get too messy quickly and pose a health risk if not kept clean constantly.
No one actively enjoys easy bathroom cleaning, because it can be an unpleasant and uncomfortable job, but fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to clean it in a way that’s a little less disgusting and a lot more streamlined.
Do Something Every Day
One of the easiest things you can do to keep your bathroom clean is to do certain tasks daily. These little jobs will add almost no extra time to your daily routine, but they will yield a big impact as far as bathroom cleanliness goes.
- Shower – When you’ve finished showering, use the water from the showerhead to rinse the shower walls and floor. Leave the shower curtain or door open while you finish getting ready, so that some of the water can evaporate away.
- Sink – After brushing your teeth and getting ready for your day, wipe out the sink basin to remove any toothpaste splatters or drips of makeup.
- Counter – Once you are through with the hair and skin products, put them back in their rightful place. Cluttered counters make it seem like the whole room is a mess.
- Toilet – Each day, give your toilet a quick scrub with the toilet brush and give the surface areas a quick wipe down as well.
Don’t let the idea of a deep clean deter you from doing this important task. Nothing says it needs to take you all day to accomplish this job. According to Good Housekeeping, easy bathroom cleaning should be undertaken thoroughly once a week.
To do this the easy way, follow these simple steps:
- Clean the toilet bowl with a cleaner made for toilets, scrubbing with your toilet brush.
- Take a moment to go about dusting the shelves, windowsill, or any other areas that need it.
- Using an all-purpose cleaner, spray the outside of the toilet, the shower stall, the sink, the faucets and the counter. Using a damp cloth, clean the mirror, then the shower, the counter, the faucet and the sink. Dry all these areas with a dry cloth. Finally, clean the dirtiest thing – the toilet – with another damp cloth. Always save the toilet for last!
- Give the floor a quick sweeping to clean up any hair, dust, and dirt that has found a home there.
- Use a mop or your damp cloth to finish cleaning the floor.
- Empty the trash. Put a new roll of paper on the holder and replace the towels with clean ones.
- Spritz the air with a room freshener, and you’re done!
If you find the idea of even these simple, easy bathroom cleaning tips too much to bear, think about calling in a house cleaning service. Until you call for outside help, using the above tips will make your house cleaner and your life that little bit easier.